Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Small Swimming Girl - A Short Story


                                                 Small Swimming Girl


A Short Story by Gaurav Srivstava


Small swimming girl.... Deeply engrossed in practicing Freestyle in d nearby pool along with two of my friends on a saturday evening, I remembered her once again... She, at fIrst place, has   been my motivation fOr learning swimming as she once told that she knows to and asked me to learn it. Coach was continuosly shouting 20min freestyle non-stop... and   since i cant backout... I did... My arms were too tired to swim any more. 

I sat by the  pool with my legs inside pool... there enters the small girl along with her  mother. Age of that cute girl might have been 12-13. She had this lovely smile. Including her there were just four of us in the pool. When relaxed enough i jumped back   into the water. I started to play with my friends in water and suddenly that girl started to drown on the deep side. It wasnt deep enough just 5'6" but for that girl   being around 4'6" it was suffiecnt for her to drown... She started calling for her mother... and luckily she was at the pool vertex and her mother held her...   Strangely her mother started laughing and said "15-20 din baad kr rhi ho na isliye ho gya aisa (u r swimming aftr 15-20 days thats why it happened)"... that girl too   was smiling... and we also started too... I smiled and noticed her face. She was having sharp features... She had that cute beautiful face which in future will seek   everyones attention, with fair + wheatish complexion she will defintly turn almst all heads around in future... But that wasnt the thing which i was having in my mind   at that moment... Its her resemblance... Her resemblance to someone very special to me who had been my inspiration to learn to swim at the age of 22...   I was so attractd towards that small cute beautiful girl that i forgot where i am... and then suddenly i realised that her mother caught me watching her sweet   innocent daughter.. I didnt had any wrong intention but was ashamed of myself thinking what will her mother think... As if all this was not enough; that cute girl   shouted to her mother that "mumma mai yhi side par swim krungi aap mere saath hi rhna... Plzzz and chodh ke mat jana (mom i will swim at this side only, be with me and   please dont leave me and go)..." nd aunty was smiling... and on hearing that innocent sentence from her my mind travelled back 4 years.. She had entered my life... We   used to talk like hell during our late night calls... that was the time when love was in the air. Everythng around felt so good, i met evryone with a smiling face... I   used to smile a lot. I will laugh at d dumbest joke as i barely heard the joke, all i remembered was her beautiful face and then smile was natural to me... and here i   am again smiling in the pool... She once had told me that how she learnt to swim. With her mother around she used to make her walk at the edge of the pool so that she   can feel safe... She used to say like 'mai mummy se bolti thi ki (i used to say to my mom) "mummy please saath saath chlna(mom please walk by my side) snd catch if i m   not able to do it right"... Dat sentence made me live dat moment again... I still remember that night 4 years back... Winter was about to end for it was march and my   boards of XII was on head... Around 3-4 a.m. I was with her on an imaginary date beside lake shore at full moon night. She was just sitting there resting her head on   my shoulder. When suddenly she asks me 'mohit do you know how to swim'... To which i said 'no... Why!!! are you planning to throw me in this cold water' she said 'shut   up buddhu(stupid)... Jst asking' I said ' acha(ok)... and what about you?' She said 'yes i do... and went on to tell the tale in which she mentioned that incident with her mother'... I said 'means you know how to swim..' she said 'haan ji(yeah)' I said ' in that case if i throw you in this water you wont mind'... and she was all like ' no mohit i will kill you and started to run.' i   caught her easily and threw her in that chilled lake... Water was till her neck... I went inside along with her and held her by her waist bringing her very close to   me... She said ' you fool i am freezing' i said 'i knw...' she gripped me and kissed me on my nose snd said 'but i feel warm here in your arms' to which i said 'means   you are implying that i am hot'... and she hit me hard on my chest... and  when she realised that she might have hit hard she said "soory sorry... Lagi to nhi naa... M   soo sorry..." and made a cute little baby face... I said  cunningly " haan thoda sa dard to ho rha (yes its paining a bit).. Now u should make it up to me" and she   understand and asked "and what will i have to do" and i said ' nothing much just some hardcore stuffs' and with that she again hit me and this time even harder... and   i said 'it hurts' she said ' i know' I said 'acha (ohh ok).' and wid that i pulled her very close to me and we smooched... She held me very hard... we were out of   water... Water was dripping from her clothes and her clothes were sticking to her body... She asked me on phone that please dont stare at me on that lake shore... and   all i could say was "but you are looking damn hot and beautiful"...she said 'shut up, bahut thand lag rhi (i am feeling very cold)'. and then someone was patting on my   shoulder... I was so lost in remembering that incident that i forgot that i am in pool... It was my coach saying that times up... He has to close the gate... and all   of us were out of pool... I looked at that small girl once again and smiled. She smiled back and said to her mother ' mumma bahut thand lag rhi (mommy i am feeling   very cold)' and again i was smiling... we all changed and went towards our respective place... Later that night that small girl along with her(my love) came into my   dream holding each others hand... from next day onwards i go to pool everyday thinking to get a glimpse of that small cute girl but never again i saw her... and now i   think dat she was only there to make me write this story and to make me remember that how beautiful my life once was... So... that SMALL SWIMMING GIRL... 




Give A Big Thumbs Up If You Like this Story.

Follow the Author For More Updates..

Unknown Web Developer

Vikas Srivastava is our editor-in-chief and reviewer who takes care of iFreaksBlog.blogspot.com. He juggles writing about apps and custom features in iOS. At other times, he is usually found scouring the tech forums for technical elixir.

No comments:

Post a Comment